How to deploy Prey in batch mode (Windows)
To install Prey in batch mode in Windows can run the installer in silent mode by giving a /S argument to the .exe installer through the command line.
We wrote a simple Windows batch script that does this automatically for you. You can download it from here:
You simply need to drop it in the same location as the current Prey installer (e.g. prey-0.5.3-win.exe) and then run from a command line:
You can get your API key from your account's profile page in the Control Panel.
Once you run it, Prey will be installed to C:\Prey and that PC should automatically appear on the Control Panel under your account. If you wish to install to a different location you can edit the batch file and change the install_path line setting on line number 8.
If you want to upgrade a PC that already had Prey installed, simply run prey-win-batch-install.bat without passing any arguments.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us.
- How do I run Prey on my Android phone?
- What if a thief formats the computer?
- I installed Prey but I can’t find any icon to launch it. Is something wrong?
- My computer/phone just disappeared! What should I do now?
- Ok, I know where the thief is and what he looks like. What should I do now?
- View all (29 more)