Review the information in this article if you want to uninstall the Prey for Mobile Devices client from your Android / iOS device.
Due to the differences in Android distributions, things can get hazy. However, we’ve seen that usually going to Settings > Applications > Prey and removing it from there is the way to go.
Certain Android devices may not be able to uninstall the app directly from the App Drawer or from any contextual menu. This issue is currently being investigated by our team, but if you're seeing this happen in your device, you can first try turning your device off and on again and then attempt uninstalling Prey. If this still doesn't work, please follow this step-by-step:
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap the Apps or Apps & Notifications option.
- Depending on your device model, you should select to view all active applications.
- Look for Prey in the list.
- Select the Force Stop option, and hit Ok.
If you still can't uninstall the app, please contact our Support team.
- iPhones and iPads don't support any kind of special protection for apps, so you should be able to uninstall Prey as any other program.